Saturday 7 January 2012

New Illustration: Christian Louboutin Pigalle


First of all, here is a new illustration of mine. The iconic 'Pigalle' shoe by 'Christian Louboutin'. I personally feel this is the most iconic shoe that Christian Louboutin has ever created so far, especially in black patent. I shall be adding this to my etsy store in a few days.

Next up, which I am super excited about is that the Design Museum in London is holding the first UK's retrospective of Christian Louboutin. It will be held between the 28th March to the 1st July. I know for a fact I will be going. I love the exhibitions that the Design Museum puts on!! This exhibition will be celebrating Louboutin's career to date. There will also be an exploration of his design process, and how the shoes are constructed, from initial drawing and first prototype. Excited much?


I am a huge fan of Louboutin's, so much so I was given his book for christmas from my mum & dad. As you can imagine this topped my christmas present list. This book is absolutely amazing, not only is it rammed with shoes, it also includes stories about them which are so interesting to read.

Will you be visiting the exhibition?


No comments :

Post a Comment