Wednesday 27 March 2013

Anzac Biscuits


Never tried Anzac biscuits? Then you my loves, are missing out! You guys know I love to bake. I get it from my Mum. However I am yet to beat her skills in the kitchen.... as my husband tells me!! These Anzac biscuits are so tasty and SOOO easy to make and they take no time at all.

I found this amazing site called 'Baking Mad' which is a UK recipe site. The reason I say this like it is a bonus, is because it is a bonus! Many recipes that I find are American so the measurements are always in 'cups' etc which is always a pain trying to convert the measurements! However don't fret my American friends, there is a measurement converter.

I decided to make the Anzac biscuits as they are a true Australian delicacy, which needs to be introduced to everyones palette. The funny thing is, Alex's Gran made us some where we were home earlier in the year, and we have had a taste for them ever since. When I looking up on the Baking Mad, I was really impressed with the amount of Easter recipes there were and the fact that there were Gluten free recipes... which is always so hard to find. One of my favourite things to bake which I have not done in a while is 'scones' (a Cornish Cream Tea!) to remind us of home, and look at the detail that it goes into, to make sure you make the perfect scone! I really have no excuse next time to nail the perfect 'scone'. I am so glad I found this site!

You can find the recipe for the Anzac biscuits here

p.s I just finished the last two biscuits whilst writing this post, and now I am thinking of making the next batch....uh oh!

2 comments :

  1. Cathryn, Great find! I'm eating gluten free at the moment for health reasons and so many sites list 100 ingredients for something really straight forward - this site seemed much simpler. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog!

    following you now, hope you follow back ;)

    www.heymarsya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete