Sunday 28 August 2011

Fresh start!

By James OConnell
I have only gone and done it.

If you read this post here. You would know that I was making a few big changes to my life. Risky, but needed to be done.

As of the 20th October I will officially be self employed as a freelance fashion designer. It is something I have been considering for a while due to being quite unhappy. Its a massive step for me, but its a step that I feel very confident about and I am going to give it a good go.

My career dream, is to work as a designer for one of the leading action sports clothing companies. It's why I wanted to study fashion. Not to become to the next 'big thing' on the runways or in vogue, but to become the next 'big thing' in the action sports industry. Its the only thing I have known, and I truly believe that this will happen one day. Going freelance is just one step closer to this happening.... I hope ;)

Ever since handing my notice in my reliable, safe, bringing in consistent money each month job. I have strangely had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders! I feel so much happier going into a 'job' that won't be bringing in money consistently, and I know it won't be an easy ride, hell its probably going to be the hardest thing I have done so far in my career, but I truly believe this is the best thing that I could do for me. I know I am good at what I do, and I just need to keep saying this to myself.

I have got some exciting projects in the pipeline, fingers crossed they will want to hire me come the 20th October. I just can't wait for the 20th to wake up to a fresh new start!

Wish me luck :)

No comments :

Post a Comment