Sunday 28 August 2011

Saturday Skating


Me & Alex have got a week off, which we have decided to spend our time off back home in Devon & Cornwall. It's so nice to be back and see friendly faces, and be able to go to all the places we love.

We have woken up feeling a bit sorry for ourselves this morning, due to celebrating a friends birthday....so I am trying to type away my headache :(


However yesterday was such a good day. Most boys tried there hand at skating when they were younger however Alex never did. Hes bodyboarded since he was 14, he snowboard's but never skated. For the past 6 months or so he has kept on going on at me about wanting to learn to skateboard....  Yesterday afternoon, Alex had a early life crisis and he went and bought his first skateboard! He turned into a little kid in an instant!


He picked it up pretty quickly. I think those snowboarding skills came into practice. I of course couldn't resist a go! Its great fun and I actually can't wait to go again. Once I got over the initial fear of 'concrete hurts' I managed to loosen up a bit, and really enjoy myself and be able to go along without wanting to hold alex's hands ;). Hopefully it will bring back all the skills of surfing when we go this week, which I can't remember the last time I went, but I guess that is what happens when you move 2.5 hours away from the coast! 

So all in all, a pretty good start to the week off! 

No comments :

Post a Comment