Saturday 26 November 2011

A Royal Day Out!



Today has been one of those days that will go down in my book of memories. Me and the fiance met up with my Mum and my Nana to get our wedding rings made in Windsor. People might ask why we travelled so far, but Windsor is the first place I called 'Home', its where my mum is from, and my grandparents lived for 30+ years. Half of my happy childhood memories were made whilst in Windsor. The majority of my childhood was moving about due to my Dad being in the Army, but Windsor was one of the places we returned to and settled down for a few years before moving to Devon! Me, my brother and cousins spent many a summer visiting our grandparents in Windsor. One of the key influential players in my life was my Dandan. He is someone who I will miss to my die-ing day, and he constantly worked hard, which I have learnt a lot from. It was one of the many reasons that gave me the confidence to head into self employment as I knew he would be egging me on to be my own boss!

For our wedding rings, we went along to a jewellery shop, who Dandan used to have business links with (My Dandan was a horologist!), as we wanted something that would link back to my Dandan. I can't wait to see the final product!

It was so sooo lovely to go back, especially with my Mum and my Nana, and speak about many memories that we could share with Alex. We also popped in to see an old family friend which was so lovely! We managed to pop to the castle, and check it was still there! I can inform you, its all there in it's glory :)

To sum up today in three words, I would say: today was awesome!

No comments :

Post a Comment