Saturday 11 August 2012

Hand Made Boat Baby Mobile

Making the baby mobile Making the baby mobile Making the baby mobile Making the baby mobile


To think that one of my best friends back home is expecting to give birth to her baby boy, pretty much any day now is crazy! Where has the time gone, and more importantly when did we grow up? Haha!

Verity, is one of my oldest friends. We grew up on opposite sides of the street, and we lived in each others pockets for many years. We grew up together and took different paths, but we are still in each others lives. When you have a close friend that you grew up with from a young age, you always think its a given that you will be at each others weddings, and meet each others little ones as soon they join the world. However life doesn't always work out the way you seem.

Due to moving to the other side of the world, I unfortunately won't be standing at her side as a bridesmaid at her & Dave's wedding this December, or meeting their little boy when he joins the world in a few days, which will be tough, however I like to think that when I do finally meet him, it will mean much more! However I am looking forward to our first skype meeting!

Instead of buying him the usual new baby gifts I wanted to make him a more personal 'hello & welcome to the world' gift to make up for the fact that I won't be there for a little while.
I did a bit of research and I found that I wanted to make him a baby mobile to go in his Nursery. Due to my sewing machine being in the container with all our furniture, I had to make it all by hand which took a lot of patience and stabbing myself with a needle a few times to get it complete, however I was really happy with the result.

I shall show the results once mum & dad to be has, has received the mobile... I don't want to ruin the surprise do I.

5 comments :

  1. You are super talented and it looks so cute so far! Living in a different country can be hard I guess when such monumental occasions occur. I left London and moved to Cyprus nearly 2 years ago and while its not quite Australia distance always puts a strain on relationships, but thank goodness for Skype eh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It really is difficult, and its moments like this when you realise how far away you are! I would like to say thank goodness for Skype, however we are struggling to get internet in our home, due to Australia not being so great at the internet!! However hopefully it will get sorted soon! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. awwww this is so adorable, you are so talented :-) Skype is brilliant at helping people connect and stay together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete