Sunday 15 May 2011

Cake Heaven


Whilst researching wedding cakes, I stumbled across 'Rachel Mount'. This is what it says about Rachel on her website.

Rachel grew up in Cambridge and began cake decorating in 1985. She had a keen interest in cookery and the arts and felt this sugary craft had the potential to combine both. Without art or catering education she is entirely self taught, her skills were developed by studying books and testing results on guinea pig friends. She moved to London and launched her business in 1992. She is in her seventeenth year of business and recently moved to new commercial studio kitchen premises in North Kensington.



What caught my eye, was the cakes that she has done for Vogue magazine. I can't imagine how many man hours went into the details and precision of making and decorating these cakes. If I received one of these, I would not want to eat it, let alone cut it!! I also love her sketches of her cakes, they are a work of art in themselves.



No comments :

Post a Comment