Monday 16 December 2013

Personal | Farewell Australia

Photo by Alex May Photography
I have been staring at this screen to try and figure out how I will start this blog post. It has been a long time since I have sat down and felt I had something to say as life has been CRAZY. The husband & I have some big news....again! If you have read my blog for a while, you will know that my Husband & I, don't do things by halves. After 20 months of living in Australia we have made the decision to return to the UK. Call us crazy, but we totally feel it's the right decision for us.

It was not an easy decision, and I am sure there will be a lot of people out there that think we are out of our minds. However, we have had the guts to do what we have done, and not many people can say that. We LOVE Australia, we love the opportunities we have had here, and the lessons we have learnt. We love the people we have met along the way, and we have made some life long friends who are very hard to leave behind but I know we will cross paths again. However, without going into details it is not the 'right' place for us at this very moment in time.

I won't go into why we are leaving as we would be here all day, but I can genuinely say we are both so happy. We know it wont be 'easy' and there will be things we miss big time about Australia. I feel Alex sums it up perfectly here.

I am excited about what 2014 will hold. Especially as we will be going on a little adventure before our feet land on British soil again! We are driving from Melbourne to Cairns (crazy I know!!!) and then going to travel around Thailand... so expect lots of travel blog posts :)

No comments :

Post a Comment